Wednesday 19 October 2011

On Loving Harry Moseley



Tomorrow we gather to celebrate the life of the most remarkable boy I have ever met. I am proud to have been his friend and will always be in awe of him and his amazing family.

The best thing that has happened to me on Twitter was meeting Harry, he invited me to go to London and be part of his official linking ceremony with Cancer Research UK, a privilege I will never forget. His humour was always in the forefront and that day was no exception. Ben Shepherd was master of ceremonies for the event and remarked to Harry how lovely Georgie looked. Harry immediately whipped off his glasses and handed them to Ben saying “You need to go to Spec Savers”.

Over many months I met Harry in different places where he was selling his bracelets always with his Mum and Gran there for support. Constantly cheerful and inspirational to all who were lucky enough to meet him. To hear him deliver a speech was listening to a master class. He enthralled and informed his audience with humour but also poignant tales and hard facts. Whether it was an audience of city gents or young people whoever they were they never failed to respond.

With your magnificent support, especially that of Tanya who told me about the competition and agreed that if I won she’d donate her share, the £10000 for Harry’s charity was won. A tangible example of your love and respect for him.

Tomorrow Twitter will honour him as only you can, with tweets and balloons and cyber love. I know Harry would be so chuffed and if he could, would find a way to use it to raise funds. This is the one other thing you can do today or tomorrow. Visit www.helpharryhelpothers.com Thank you.


17 comments:

  1. Beautiful sentiments for a special young man and his family I did not know harry and his family but followed him on twitter for a couple of months he was and is awe inspiring and a great credit to his family to whom my heart felt love and warmest wishes go too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So moving and a fitting tribute to a lovely little boy who new the value in compassion and making it happen for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is honour to have got to know Harry a little exchanging tweets. He is the worldwide star of twitter. Finding out about his campaign & all his hard work has been an inspiration to me along with many, many others. I know tomorrow will be so hard but I hope you, Georgie & everyone who loves him will be comforted to know you are in our hearts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog Wincey :) I have ordered my two bracelets :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Wincey. Harry was a very brave & wonderful young man. He has helped saved so many others, those who he met, spoke to and tweeted are very proud of him. Sending love & prayers to his mum, family & freinds.
    God bless Harry Moseley RIP x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tribute to a very special boy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautifully written words and a wonderful tribute to Harry. I bought a couple of vibrant bracelets from Harry's incredible fund raising website and they are such a poignant way to celebrate the life of a very happy and colourful young man. A true inspiration to all.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a remarkable young boy ,so brave and an insperation to us all ,his memory will live on and we will never forget harry x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jon (@Rudolph...)19 October 2011 at 21:03

    What a truly remarkable boy, and lovely touching blog Wincey. And thank you for doing so much on Twitter and beyond to help Harry raise awareness of this dreadful disease. It was through you that I learned of this inspiring young man. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A special little boy, who touched so many peoples hearts. I will be thinking of you all 2moro, and I cant wait for 6pm when me and my family will be releasing pink balloons for him to play with. a wonderful heartfelt blog.
    mi_shmash

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never met Harry,of now which i will regret for a very,very long time.I have followed Harrys tweets,and blogs etc,and i always said to myself-1 day,i will go meet that young man.Of course i have donated online etc,but never got around to meeting the boy himself.And now its to late.........
    I am from Coventry,but tomorrow i will be in Birmingham saying goodbye to the bravest boy i never met.Please cherish your memories of him,as he is 1 in a million.
    May the Moseley family have peace after this terrible time.
    R.I.P Harry Moseley.
    D.BARROWMAN@SKY.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh Wincey what a lovely post. I shall be thinking of you all tomorrow and sending lots of love and hugs.

    Such an inspirational young man who I never got to meet but whom I am honoured to have known about.

    Much love

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog post.
    Hugs
    Shirley
    Durham Lass

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this, Wincey. I'm with you in spirit today. Sending a big hug through the ether.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Said so perfectly, Harry would have been so proud, no, I know Harry IS so proud to have had you as a friend, because we all know he is out there watching us and making sure we carry on his good work.
    Bless you Wincey for saying what we all feel x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great blog Wincey, Harry will be missed by a lot of us, but the lad has left a legacy beehind that will last forever, thanks to him and his fundraisin other kids might stand a chance xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've already ordered a bracelet I'm jst waiting for it to arrive but I can appreciate how long I may have to wait for it xXx

    ReplyDelete